Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Goats

Maybelle oh Maybelle......where should I start?  She was our first goat and still has only goat syndrome!  Kinda like only child syndrome!  She doesn't take kindly to other goats and is for sure the queen of the castle.  Very loving goat towards us and the kids though.  She loves being played with.  I actually think she was supposed to been a dog really since her behavior is more like one!  I have introduced our other baby goats to her and she didn't seem to mind them much at all.  Even going so far as to rub on Caroline.

Preggo oh preggo!  That's what she is!  The only goat in the world to be pregnant for a year!  Jeff says she will have the babies in her own time but I am really getting impatient!  I cant' wait to see these babies and figure out what their names will be.  I figure since I'm not having anymore babies of my own I will just use my favorite names on them.  Makes perfect since to me!  I really hope the big day comes soon or else she will be taking a trip to the goat O.B!


Ellie
Ellie is a goat that we got about a year ago.  She wasn't' in her best shape and it took a lot of persistence to get her back to good health.  On the 3rd of March she had her first little!  Her name is Willow and she is just a DOLL!  I need to get some pictures on here so I can show them off!  So far Ellie is really being a wonderful mom to her.  Only a few times have they been separated and needed our help to reconnect.  She milks really good and nurses pretty good to.  I have had to spend some time with her teaching her that she needs to stand still so Willow can nurse but she seems to be adjusting to being a new mommy very good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment